Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Secret Mission - Eyjafjallajokull

Debra and Dan were very disappointed that they could not make MOW this year. Debra was attending OUGN and Dan was working in Berlin. Both very close but not close enough. Then their travel plans meant both were actually flying to the US via Copenhagen. Desperate to spend time together Debra paid to changed her travel date by one day, and then when Dan found his course could finish earlier he bought a new ticket to get to Copenhagen a day earlier. There would be a party in Mogens' house on the Friday night, not just us four but lots more friends as well.

When I knew I was going to have all my keepers in one place for just one night I thought - 'how can I extend the party?'

Last year I went to New Zealand and watched a Geyser, I was very interested in how they knew it would erupt at the same time every day, and then discovered that they can force the timing by adding soap powder to the geyser. I thought 'what if I did that to the rumbling volcano in Iceland?'


I am not sure if I have told you but Debra and Lisa Dobson have a friendly Icelandic GIT, and so we asked him nicely to drop a lot of washing powder into the volcano and hey presto, no-one was going anywhere. Borkur (the Icelandic GIT) did do it a bit early as Debra and Dan had to actually get to Copenhagen but we talked about that a few postings back. They should not have paid to come to this party, they should have trusted me, I am Stanley, the Original ACE Director, I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment