Friday, April 17, 2009

One hump or Two?


Before I tell you about the special treat for Stanley in Dubai, let me tell you about the fun we got up to once Connection Point had finished and we went out into the desert.


For me personally it was hell, I hate theme parks (and no comments about the ride at Disney Land Paris for the Oracle Kick Off last year), so the idea of a dune safari was not high up the list, and it was the worst fair ground ride I have ever been on. I felt as green as Stanley is red although friends tell me I actually had no colour at all.

.
Our driver Omar (who insists his surname is Sharif) was good enough to look after Stanley when I could not, and this 'who should wear Stanley' became quite contagious and next was a camel farmer and finally a camel got in on the act as well.


Several people tried sand boarding or sledging and this time Stanley was not the sledge! Here is James Hobbs of OAUG having a go.

Oh and remember the Oracle 'stretchy thing'? It makes a good headband to keep your shemag headdress on with in the desert. Although if you want to do it the correct way, I have a video with Oracle's Cliff Godwin with the simple guide. Oracle Sweden are sending me some more so if you can come up with a great idea let me know and I might give one away.

No comments:

Post a Comment