Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hanging Out With The OakTable in Denver

I keep saying it but I love RMOUG. Not only do I get to see a lot of my friends but for the last 2 years I have been on holiday afterwards with many of them up in the mountains.


Keepers Dan and Mogens are members of the OakTable, in fact Mogens is one of the founding members. This year I was tired before I even arrived,  Debra had been in the US for four weeks already, but I had spent 2 weeks with keeper Dan; again 3/4 of us together, actually we were expecting Mogens to come over but he had to pull out.

Anyway the OakTable have this challenge at conferences, that people can ask a question of them about the database. I was on duty for a while at the OakTable booth, were I tried to answer questions but again no one could hear me which is good as I don't really understand understand these data bases or do they mean director ACES? Debra was there as well, but she will never be an OakTable member she knows less than me. Tim Gorman called her an OakTable Groupie last year but I don't understand that either!


I also went to support Debra through her presentation which Cary told me was on leprechaun physiology which I am an expert at, being myself a legend living in Ireland! However she kept talking about middle wear, is that some kind of spandex?


That evening we had the ACE dinner and again I was with special friends, Graham Wood, Alex Gorbachev and Cary Millsap. Cary is one of my favourites and he makes me laugh, I don't understand his jokes but what is even funnier is watching Debra ask for explanations as she doesn't either.

Normally at RMOUG Mogens's celebrates his 'american' birthday, and people give him silly presents. He wasn't here this year but at Debra's pizza party I spotted something that I think belongs to the present that Dan Fink gave Mogen's last year. I won't tell you what it was you will have to guess, however a clue is his American name, Moans Longballs Nogood.

No comments:

Post a Comment