Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stanley has been unwell

Stanley was unable to go to the Norwegian User Group last week because of logistics and has been sulking in his bag, but this week is the NAOUG or Nordic Apps User Conference and he has been very excited about that.

His last outing was Israel and he did seem to enjoy it in fact he put on a lot of weight always a sign of having a good time. When I got him home he also needed 'drying out' and I put him in the hot press or airing cupboard for a few days. To be honest I put him back in his bag after a few days because he whiffed a bit.

But when I took him out yesterday he was still damp so I was going to leave him behind but he pleaded and sulked ( a bit like a three year old) and I gave in. I put him in the tumble dryer to dry out but after 30 minutes there was the most awful smell in the kitchen, similar to my cooking attempts so I rushed in to find the tumble dryer was baking the sand left behind from Stanley as he dried out. Basically the Dead Sea mud.


So I know I promised the ACE community who insisted Stanley did not deserve another bath, but I had to put him in the washing machine. My tumble dryer had to be left to cool down and then hoovered out of the sand and Stanley smells a bit better, has lost the excess weight but is still very scarred from the steam roller incident and the ACE logo does look like it has been stone washed!

Lets hope he behaves in Sweden!

No comments:

Post a Comment