Saturday, February 11, 2012

Debra is so Old

Last year we celebrated Mogens' 50th - a lot!! Well this year it is Debra's turn, and Tim Gorman a fellow ACE has just had his 50th. Last year Tim and Debra decided they would celebrate together at our traditional Faux Table. Most people are Oakies (Debra is just a groupie) and when Tim sent the invite around we discovered another Oakie Peter sharman is 50 the exact same day as Debra, and so he to has come over and there will be 150 candles.

I think I will be forgotten and overshadowed a bit and it will be tough but they deserve a little if my limelight. Mogens and I will look on from afar and wish that Dan could be with us, yet again it is the any 3/4; still we will all be together at MOW soon and then on a boat in Mexico in the summer.

I am writing this inboard the 2 nd of 4 flights to Denver, we started very early from Belfast and then discovered our main flight to Chicago is going via Boston, not sure why, something to do with the pilot being 'out of hours' - I think that just means he worked normal days - all my geek friends work around the clock, and it doesn't hurt them!

Then we finally get to Denver late but are not leaving the airport, Debra is going to Salt Lake City to see the great Floyd Teter, he keeps asking me to visit and finally I have found time for him.

So looking forward to a great week of parties, Debra may be old but I like her , and since Miranda decided to stay at home I can party and behave bowers hard I want, no one will be judging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment