Friday, October 9, 2009

Stanley in Amsterdam (with Sue)

Just the following weekend I got to go to Amsterdam. Anything goes in Amsterdam and this had been planned for a long time, I was really excited. Sue Shaw is an Apps ACE (JDE) who is also the new President of Quest was working in Amsterdam and she and Debra had this really cool weekend planned.


We stayed in the Hilton in a room opposite where Yoko and John had their 'Bed In'.

People often ask Debra why she and Dan started the whole Stanley thing, well really it is just a way of creating excuses. Debra used it to persuade her insurance company to by her new glasses,and I used it as my alibi for the great ‘Apple Robbery’ but Sue is the ACE of excuses. She has a weekend in Amsterdam and is frightened that if she talks about Stanley too much her husband will get suspicious, so actually the entire ‘Stanley’ story was made up as an elaborate cover for a great weekend away. To keep the pretence up we had to take lots and lots of photos of the very important me.



I have heard lots about what goes on in Amsterdam and was expecting a ’spliffing good time’. We did drink a lot but not too much, once Debra fell down some stairs in an Amsterdam 'Coffee Shop' (see me on THE stairs in photo below), and I didn't want to end up meeting Amsterdam Police!





In Amsterdam anything goes (as I already said) and it is the best place ever to people watch so no-one seemed surprised that centre of each photo was me, a red Vest. I had my photo taken on a boat - lots of canals in Amsterdam, and made friends with a very quiet boy who stood very still and never spoke. Debra said his name was statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment