Sunday, May 23, 2010

Old and New Friends at EMEA Harmony

Oh I love conferences, I get to meet up with so many old and new friends. Tallinn for EMEA Harmony was no different.


First there was the regular 3 from 4 scenario. I came with Debra and Mogens was there, that as ever was great, but then we sit together and moan about Dan not being around. We were all together last month as refugees from the Volcano, but our rescue came so quickly and unexpectedly that there was no photo of the 4 of us together.




I saw Tom Kyte and Tanel Poder. They were the special guests and had posters in their honour but I really do think the poster would have looked better with my name on it:



THE Chris Date also wanted to be photographed with me. He may be responsible in part for the database but it is me that keeps people interested in IT.













I met ACEs Piet de Visser and Francisco Munoz Alvarez for the first time but also got to say hallo again to Joze Senegacnik and Tuomas Pystynen. Dan Morgan was there and I kept checking Imposter Joe was not around to steal the limelight away from me but he wasn’t, Dan Norris my missing keeper had made sure he was delayed long enough to miss the trip.







But there was one relative in Tallinn; I was very surprised when an ancient ancestor HansaVest made an appearance, and led the entire conference to a medieval banquet

No comments:

Post a Comment