Sunday, February 20, 2011

Everyone has heard of the Stanley Hotel

Stephen King wrote the Shining after staying in room 217 of the Stanley Hotel in the Rocky Mountains. They say it was because the hotel is haunted, what a joke. The reason the hotel has such an atmosphere is because it is mine. It like me, has a life of its own. Normally I am very quiet and unassuming but on this occasion I am proud of my heritage and thought I would tell you a little bit more about my hotel.
The hotel is quite a large estate, set in the beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. This is the real reason there is a Rocky Mountain User Group, as they know it is worth having an event if Stanley is in town, it is a guaranteed success. Why do you think OTN let Vikki live in the area?  
The hotel has a very posh entrance which I like to keep special to attract a lot of visitors. Some same they are visiting the place that inspired the book, but only because they don't want to tell people they are a Stanley Fan, they keep that a secret, as it is a very elite club. The hotel has a colonial feel and I am very proud of it.

Inside there is a beautiful fireplace where people can sit and rest. Here you can see Debra and I having a little break before looking around the hotel more. There is also a lovely little gift shop where I got a nice little key fob for room 217. Check it out next time you see me.

And finally before we left I had a little ride in my favourite car, The Stanley.  So you see, Stephen King may be a great author but he isn't as famous as me, he doesn't have his own hotel!




No comments:

Post a Comment