Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kscope the 'vest' place to be

ODTUG is probably my favourite user group (but don't tell Debra, she thinks I love UKOUG and I do but they don't let me out much).

Anyway back to ODTUG, I have just got back from their annual conference this time in Long Beach California, I do so love the sun, and during this long period of recovery it is so good for me. Obviously my personal physical therapist Alex Nuijten came along, I had been to see him for a consultation a few weeks previously and he prescribed this trip and to stay away from Danes (Sten doesn't count he is a nice Dane and my sibling Vesterli is in almost pristine condition and is looked after by Sten really well)

Every day Debra and apex took me to exercise classes and I did the Chi Gung stuff but never really mastered the breathing, as the teacher kept saying breathe in and out through your nose - can he not see I don't have a nose?










 I also had a trip to see the stars in Hollywood although to be honest the stars called on me, it was a big job getting my star ready in time but they did, and a few stars turned up for my award ceremony and insisted in being in the photos. I must say thank you to MyFear my personal paparazzi, I can't give you his real name as so many want him for their own.






On the way home I hung out for a while on Venice beech where I felt quite at home as the locals also looks bit worse for wear,

That evening there was a party on the queen Mary where the ODTUG board all dressed up and rolled out the red carpet for me, they treat me so well. They are such fun, did you know they had a reality TV show put together and although I took part in the greatest race it was decided to keep me out of the final production so as not to detract from the board themselves.  But I think next year I want to be part of it.

I obviously dressed up and wore my black tie, Debra dressed up and looked really good, her dress seemed to be made up of bandages but she didn't need to worry, the Danes (except Sten and a few mild ones) were nowhere in sight I wouldn't be needing any that night.

ODTUG also have a community service day where they help others less fortunate than themselves, they had to look hrs to fund someone who needed more help than me but I am not one to moan and I did my bit. Painting the blackboard and a meeting more friends like Emily Malcher daughter of my friend Michelle.

We had an ACE dinner where Justin, Viki, Lillian and Todd were all there but I didn't really get to speak with them it was a very busy party, and Sten bought Vesterli so it was good to catch up with him. Dan Morgan was also there but he didn't bring Imposter Joe, not sure what is going on there. Perhaps IJ has a facebook page like me and I can reach out to him.

Some of the ACE program had training and then also went out to dinner with the UX team and that was great fun, they even arranged ACE bottles of wine for us.

Apparently there are also sessions at Kscope but I think I slept through those, I did give one interview but on the day my voice was a little rough so I had Debra talk on my behalf. Kscope you havent posted this yet!!!

All too soon it was time to go home but I will be back next year I think it is in Texas where they tell me everything is bigger (does that include Danes?)

No comments:

Post a Comment