Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Neglected, but excited for the future

Stanley here. I finally got some keyboard time now that Dan left me alone for a minute. It's been a tough week or two since Debra handed me off to this guy. No one talks to me and I just lay around on the back of a chair for a while. Finally, my home (my UKOUG delegate bag) arrived so the last few days have been a bit more comfortable with some familiar surroundings.

It hasn't been all bad, though. I did get to go to Disney World and meet lots of famous characters. Wish I could have met the princesses, but I think everyone knew how naughty I could be, so I blew my chances there. After we were home, Mrs. Norris gave me a little freshen and I didn't smell quite so strong for a while...hope she comes back with that smell-good stuff.

Looking ahead, I've heard about some great events that I'm going to attend, some of them held in my honor (or honour, depending on where you're from). First, Dan is taking me to visit the fellows from Miracle. I remember them from Miracle Oracle Open World and, a few weeks after, the Miracle Birthday Party where I got a bit soiled (not really my fault). Anyway, we're all meeting in Iceland and I'm going to get to go on my first scuba dive! I can hardly wait. Luckily, I'm made of warm material since I've been advised that the water will be about 4 C (about 40 F), so my warmth will be needed on that trip! I'm sure there will be some highlights posted here after that trip in early June.

After that trip, I'm headed off to a large event where I'll be a distinguished guest. This is the ODTUG Kaleidoscope conference, held this year in Monterey, California. As Dan likes to do, he'll take me scuba diving again, but this time in much warmer water--about 14 C (58 F) in Monterey Bay. Plus, I get to do what I do best: help the community. I'll be providing many types of help to those attending ODTUG's Community Service Day on the Saturday before the conference as well. I'm sure there will be some messes to clean up and I'm made for those types of things.

Uh oh, Dan is about to return, so I'd better slip back into my little home before he catches me. He's been busy with his first week of work at his new job (for which he sacrificed his ACE Director credentials), so he hasn't had much time to play games with me like usual. Maybe next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment