Friday, May 8, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow



Stanley is not mine, he is simply the symbol of the ACE Director community but he has spent six months with me as I have travelled the world spreading the Software Gospel (I think that is what you do as an evangelist).

I knew it was coming and I thought I was prepared but when it was time to hand Stanley over to Dan Norris it was a fight.

Stanley started his ACE life with Dan, and Dan's wife Beth has promised to post some of Stanley's childhood episodes on the blog soon.

Although the ACE Program is excellent it like all others does have a few a little issue, Oracle employees cannot be ACE Directors, and Dan starts work with Oracle in a few weeks and will have to give up his title. I find this really sad as he will not give up his input into the user community. But what this does mean is that Stanley will get to accompany Dan on his first day at Oracle and I look forward to hearing about that.

I am trying to be brave but it was a real wrench both physically and spiritually and not without a few tears.

However we will be reunited at Kaleidescope the ODTUG conference in just 5 weeks and there will be a Stanley Siblings Reunion, Make sure you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment