Monday, March 1, 2010

Great to be back

I love RMOUG, they take me really seriously, I have a badge and it even has an ACE Director Ribbon, they know how to treat me.


This year RMOUG had a keynote panel session for the ACE program that was facilitated by Duncan Mills of Oracle. I was so proud to be part of this, and you can see Alex Gorbachev holding me up, and do you know that he is so proud of this the photo that it appeared on his blog first. I love being the world's most popular ACE Director.

But what I like best about conferences is meeting up with friends and RMOUG is special, it was a rare chance for me to get together with Dan, Debra and Mogens. I said in my diving post that Mogens was unwell so we only had one chance to get together before Dan had to go back home, he did not go up to Breckenridge with the rest of us, more about that in the next post.


This very RARE photo of the 4 of us, I don't think there is another, was taken just before Mogens gave yet another spontaneous presentation.

There was an ACE dinner and the next day Victoria (who looks after us very well) sent Debra an email saying 'I have to tell you…. Last night I was telling my husband about the evening and I said I was talking to Debra and Dan and he said “Debra Lilley? The one who has Stanley the vest?” I thought it was funny that he said your last name. And of course he had to mention Stanley.' Debra of course thinks it is about her, but really he just wants to be part of the Stanley phenomena, and he is welcome, I just love my fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment