Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stanley at the Zoo



Washington has a great zoo and it is free and just a few hundred metres from the ODTUG hotel, so I was very excited to go. I went with Michelle Malcher another of my ACE friends from IOUG, and bringing up the rear was Debra.


It was a very hot day so no one wanted to wear me but I did get close to some of the animals as you can see from these great photos.


I liked the gorilla, some times I feel like a cheeky monkey and a lot of my friends fit the description.


The day before my friend Marco had been to the zoo and he told Debra there was a Crane called Stanley and sent her a photo to prove it. So obviously I had to check him out. It took a lot of coercion from Debra and Michelle to get me, the crane and the name plate in a photo, but I just used my charm on the bird ad over she came.


The highlight of the zoo is the pandas but the girls would not let me get into the panda area, never mind this one stood still long enough for me to have my photo taken.

And finally as this was America I had to have my photo taken with an American Eagle.


I loved the zoo, and my new friends. In fact I was a little jealous, they don't have to do anything, they get fed and people come to see them. I  have to visit my fans.

1 comment: