Monday, January 3, 2011

How Did You Spend The Holidays

I tried to put a brave face on it, I posted my 'Getting Excited About Christmas' thoughts and hoped it would jog Mogens' memory that I was with him for Christmas and would quite like to celebrate the holiday. It didn't.

Why was I with Mogens if he can't be trusted? Well let's not be too unfair on the old man (he will be fifty this year), he is normally good and defiantly better than Dan but as he says 'WeDoNotUsePlanning and so there had to be spontaneity. Mogens was meant to be away for the holiday and so me being in his kit bag from after UKOUG meant I would be included, but his plans (no this sounds like an oxymoron) changed.

Debra on the other hand, plans, and so she talked to Mogens' understudy Jakob and tried to get me out for at least New Year, he failed to find me in time but today he did locate me in the trunk (boot) of Mogens' car, cast aside like an old rag.

Normally I could take this kind of disappointment, I know my keepers love me really but it is a double whammy, Debra got a very special present from her sister at Christmas and it might displace me in her affections.  Her sister bought a Dubai camel souvenir and then hand crafted a 'mini me' so that Debra is not lonely when I am with another keeper. So she isn't missing me now.

But hopefully it is only for a few days, Debra is bringing her Silversurfers over for the weekend and then I get to go home again with her. Just a few more days in this freezing hell hole, do you know the average temperature her has been -10C all holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment