Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sharing Best Practice

Every January I get to go to the IOUC. I love this, I meet lots of user group friends and they love me. I have felt a bit unloved recently so this is what I need.

Lillian, Justin and Viki
What I love was the fact that Lillian, Justin and Viki came to visit me. That made me feel loved.
 
The sessions are normally lost on me so when they said there would be a session on best practice I was really pleased and I did learn some things:

1. The Latin America Group talked about the OTN Tour, and there was even a picture of me, except it wasn't it was Impostor Joe and I am annoyed and will be writing in his contract that as a stand in he can only appear in approved blogs and not to continue the fame elsewhere.

2. I want to join the South African Oracle User Group, they have a loyalty card which sounds great. I don't need many of the benefits like hotel and travel discounts, Debra sorts all that out, but they do have medical cover and I have needed that many a time.

3. Heli talked about EMEA Harmony and had a photo of me being shot with the bow and arrow, that pleased me because at least it was me on the stage.

4. Then Stephan Janssen ,who is a 'JUG?' he never mentioned me at all, and I thought had nothing to offer, he also didn't have his shirt on, he just wore a T shirt and it had one of those pesky penguins on it. Not impressed!

So I think I did pretty well today, and then later I tried to make friends with these JUGs but I will tell you about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment