Saturday, October 2, 2010

What's With All The Weather Larry?

I am a vest of simple needs. Somewhere to sleep, occasional love and even more occasional a bath.

Coming from Vietnam, I like warmth, and as I blogged before I was excited when Oracle decided to buy SUN, I thought I was on to a real winner. But Charles let me down, SUN was not that beautiful, heat generating orb in the sky but some kind of box.

Then last week at my annual holiday in San Francisco (more in the next blog), Oracle kept talking about the CLOUD. I should have been sceptical as I was caught out before but Charles is no more and some new guy was up there with Larry, Cloud this, Cloud that. Yes I thought, if Oracle owns the cloud, they can get rid of them, no more rain or overcast days ever.

I am a slow vest but even I understood this one, It was mentioned so many times at Open World, their solution is simple. The SUN they bought, the box, which I got so angry about, is actually the answer; they are putting the Cloud in the box. Simple, Cloud gone! That is real Exalogic.


I love Oracle.

1 comment:

  1. Likely the most sensible explanation of "cloud" I've ever heard...

    ReplyDelete