Thursday, December 29, 2011

Behaving in Beijing

Having sucessfully avoided the tank driver in Tokyo, I journeyed onto Beijing, which I expected to be much more fun. Then I was told that Tinanmen Square was actually famous for its tanks and soldiers, so then I was really worried. However this was the only soldier I saw in the square so not sure what all the fuss was about.

There were signs of military and in the Forbidden City I did see this military crest, but more scary than the soldiers was this old man who seemed to be quite imortant.

There seemed to be a lot of dragons in Beijing but they were not very frightening, I have slain dragons before, they are no match for me.
 Finally no trip to China would be complete without a visit to the Great Wall of China, and I was no exception, although not being allowed to climb it seemed a bit odd to me.

China was OK but their great fire wall stopped me tweeting or using facebook, or even updating this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment