Thursday, December 29, 2011

Terrorist Threat in Manila

I travel a lot, every airport has different rules and it really annoys me that they are not consistent, but Manila in the Philippines really takes the biscuit.

They have terrorism in The Philippines and have to be very careful about bombs, I understand that, I live in Belfast, I am used to sniffer dogs and having bags searched but in Manila, it when one step further. Snuggling in Debra's hand luggage this was the conversation between Debra, the security lady and gentleman at the airport x ray machine.

lady:      Please madam I need to talk to you about your hand luggage
debra:   What is the problem?
lady:      You have bomb making material in your bag
debra:    No I don't
lady:      Yes you do
debra:    No I don't
lady, showing debra a card with a list of bomb making materials:  
              Yes you do and it is one of these
debra:  I don't have any of these items
lady:     Yes you do
debra    No I don't
lady:     According to the x-ray you have duct tape in your bag
debra:    No I don't
lady:     Yes you do
debra:    No I don't
lady:     Please open your bag
debra opens her bag and the lady picks up a large roll of something
 lady       Is this not duct tape?
debra (trying not to laugh)
              No, this is not duct tape
lady:      Yes it is
debra     No it isn't
lady:      Then what is it?
debra (loosing the battle)
               It is stickers
lady:       Stickers, what are stickers?
debra, gives the lady an 'I love Stanley' sticker from the roll, the lady is still not convinced
lady         Are you sure this is not duct tape?
debra:     Definitely
lady consulting her colleague
                Does this look like duct tape to you?
man:        I don't know, what is it?
debra:     Stickers
lady         What do you do with stickers?
debra:      Stick them on things
At this point Debra's colleague Ronald has to walk away, he can't keep a straight face, Lady starts sticking stickers on the x-ray machine, her colleague, the wall, and after about 12 stickers
                Are you sure this is not duct tape?

debra:      Yes I am sure
lady:        Who is Stanley?
debra, laughing and giving her a card
                 Stanley is the original ACE Director


Eventually she lets us go, and we walk off leaving two very confused people at security, and rather a lot of Stanley Stickers on display.









No comments:

Post a Comment