Sunday, January 10, 2010

Feed The Birds - Stanley Style

We know that I, Stanley likes the snow, I loved RMOUG last year and am already packed for the return trip to Denver.

If you haven't heard the UK is in the middle of its coldest winter for 30 years and one of the casualties are the birds. So today (when it was a little warmer than it has been ) I, the great Stanley decided I would go out in the snow at great personal sacrifice and feed them.



But I have a sneaking suspicion that birds don't like me. When I went to the seaside with Debra and Karen, I tried feeding the seagulls chips but they weren't interested in me but would feed off anything or anybody else.



Today in the snow was not much better the only interest I got was a magpie who has no fear and I was the frightened one, and one small robin who came over to check if his vest was as bright red as mine.


So another day in the snow, followed by another drip dry session on a radiator, I am ready for Denver, although I am having a quick trip to Copenhagen where I believe I may finally get to do the Ice Diving with Mogens that Dan failed to take me to last year, that is if Debra remembers to pack me!

No comments:

Post a Comment