Friday, January 22, 2010

Oracle Buys Sun

I am not the world's most intelligent being but for a vest I can hold my own. Sometimes I find it hard to understand all my Oracle friends, many of them are geeks and they talk about so much stuff I simply can't understand. I want to talk about travel and people like Cary Millsap come along and try explaining complex mathematical equations to me. And as for the Oracle acquisition policy, normally I have no idea but this one I do understand.

You see some days I can't believe how lucky I am and how far I have come. Yesterday Oracle had the acquisition of Sun approved and no one is happier than me.

I am from Vietnam and miss the sunshine. I know I spend a lot of time in the cold, the ice diving, the trips to Denver but the sun does actually shine there. When Debra meets up with Nadia it always rains and Debra lives in N Ireland where the closest they get to SUN is a tabloid newspaper.

So hearing that my friend Charles Phillips has bought Sun makes me very happy. I will be at the live launch on wed as a VIP (well Debra will be and I like her to think it is her they are giving the VIP status when really it is all about me).

Dan Norris is very excited about Sun he has been working with it for a while something to do with fast databases, I don't understand how that works, can you generate energy from Sun like you can from the Wind?

I am so impressed Oracle realised that there was weather missing from their portfolio and in line with the 'best of the best' strategy they chose Sun to buy. Their development guys I am sure will quickly get on and solve the Global warming issues. And the benefit to me will be constant sunshine and warmth.

I will get new friends, as each acquisition brings new experts into the ACE Program, I hope I will like them. Perhaps this year with all this Sun OTN can give us a different gift, no need for fleece's or vests, we could have ACE swimwear, and all conferences could learn from Miracle Open World and have beach parties. See Mogens you always were a forward thinker.

I am expecting the marketing gift next week will be what the Aussies call 'sunnies' Oracle logo sunglasses, and another added benefit, I might get to be top dog around Oracle as Sun will scare off those pesky penguins.

I hope you are as excited about the acquisition of Sun as I am.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Stanley,

    Please do not mention ACE swimwear in your posts again. I will have nightmares. "Sunnies" with ACE logos on the lenses are much more tolerable.

    Sincerely,

    Mrs. Norris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs Norris,

    The vision of you in swimwear would be lovely, but I understand how Diver Dan could be off putting.

    I do miss our little chats, you have a much better and less geeky imagination than most of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please note the last comment was from Stanley, not Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets be honest, Ace swimwear would be nice. We all know Mogens needs some.

    ReplyDelete