Saturday, January 16, 2010

I kid you not!

I have just realsed I had started this posting but not published it, I think the problem was that I was too cold to complete it, and now I have finally thawed out I can put that right.

I love the snow, you have read my various exploits before, so I don't really mind the cold too much, but only in the right surroundings.

When I arrived in Denmark it was a very warm welcome. Then when we arrived at Mogens' house it was adequate, not overly warm but I put that down to the Danish Viking spirit, I thought they simply don't feel the cold, although it could also be to do with the amount of alcohol they drink.

The next morning was again OK, but the Miracle offices were warmer and the welcome there from Anne Marie of the Miracle Channel was really hot!

Then we went off to the brewery there was lots of snow but I had a nice warm sleep on a lovely leather sofa in the Red House. The brewery itself was ice cold but that is how it has to be and then we went back to Mogens' house.

This time it was freezing, and one of his many visitors, Isobella was wrapped up in many layers. The house which has under floor heating was colder than the brewery. Mogens went off to investigate and Debra went for more clothes.

After a quick check out in the outhouse Mogens returned to explain that the heating which is gas fired, has an inspection type box outside. The plastic cover had come off, exposing the stop handle, and the goats, yes Mogens keeps goats, had tried eating the handle and managed to close off the gas supply. I don't know if they were making a protest or just plain stupid, but whatever we got the message.

Mogens reset the handle but the heating would not fire properly, I don't really understand but I think it would fire up but then go out again. Not much you can do late on a Saturday, but Mogens did his best. He returned with socks for Debra and Isobella and he was wearing quite a colourful, thick knitted jumper which has not appeared in his video wardrobe. (He loves the limelight even more than I do). Poor Isobella, she thought she was helping when she picked me up off the table and suggested Debra put me on. Once Debra and Mogens had stopped laughing they explained how important I was and why no-one would actually choose to wear me however cold they are.

Debra is a wuss however and eventually she retired to bed, to tunnel under the duvet to stay warm. Mogens simply took in more inner warmth from various wine bottles. I am hard and stayed up all night at the Oak Table.

So Sunday morning we went ice diving, and compared to the house it was quite simple or 'wee buns' as they say in N Ireland. Then a wonderful thing happened, one of the other divers turned out to be a heating engineer and explained it would simply be some kind of airlock or something (too techie for me)and promised to come by and sort it out. So once we had finished Mogens drove Debra and I straight to the airport early because his car has heated seats and it was better than going home to the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment