Sunday, August 15, 2010

Football

At the same time as ODTUG there was some football tournament on in South Africa. I had never seen football (soccer) before as Debra doesn't watch it, but even she got together in the bar in DC to watch England play. But I became a dutch supporter as there were 2 games on during my visit and lots of ACEs are dutch. They are also VERY tall and I don't like to argue with them.

For the semi final it was 9am in DC and we all came into the bar, unfortunately they were closed. Debra will tell you she organised the beer from Mike Riley's president's suite bar to be brought downstairs and get the hotel manager's permission to drink it, but in reality he just couldn't say no to Me, Stanley the original ACE director.


After the match - which they won, I went to the zoo with the Kolk family. Every time they saw a football fan they would say 'we are tourists and don't know the score?' - talk about rubbing it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment