Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Would you believe it - AbbaWorld

What do you do when you only have the morning to sight see in Melbourne? We were looking at options when we first arrived for our very quick 3.5 day visit for Insync10. As ever we were 3 out of 4 with no Dan Norris (Is Australia not interested in Exadata?). Anyway I asked my friend Tom Kyte (doesn't everyone AskTom?), and he, knowing how much of a fan Keeper Mogens is, suggested AbbaWorld which is based in Melbourne.

I didn't mind, on the day after my christening in Denmark, there was a bit of an AbbaFest at Mogens' house and a lot of my friends now have the entire Abba back catalogue on their iTunes, (I won't embarrass them here).
 
The concept is quite funny, you buy a ticket which has a bar code and at each interactive station you scan this. First you choose your favourite Abba member and I have to say, Debra and Mogens suit the part very well.This is where being a celebrity causes you to come unstuck, I got in for free, as you would expect, but it meant I didn't have a ticket to scan.






As you wonder around the exhibits there are also quiz stations, Debra won these hands down, I think possibly because she read the notices more thoroughly, she certainly isn't an Abba expert. But Mogens found his area of expertise - any of you have a Wii or one of the other dance systems? You know, where the screen tells you were to put your feet and you have a mat that records how well you do? Well Mogens won this hands or should I say feet down. Turns out he had ballroom dancing lessons as a boy, (there goes his reputation).



He loved the old film best, you know how he loves video. Anyway here he is sitting down, and although it is hard to tell he is actually awake!




You also had the chance to pose for photos, and here is me in a helicopter and then just to get in on the act, Debra and Mogens tried to recreate the Abba LP Cover.


And finally you get a chance to appear in a video with Abba themselves, well I couldn't turn that down now, could I? Although as it turns out they were also very excited to appear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment