Friday, August 13, 2010

The big adventure - off to Downunder

The day finally arrived and Debra was up early checking that Mogens' flight from Copenhagen Had left on time. Then it was off to Heathrow for us. We arrived in plenty of time which is good because they landed early. And I have a new friend - Simone. She has never been to Australia so she has come too. I think she is also a presenter but about social networking. I am even less technical than Debra but I didn't think Oracle did networking , does this mean they have bought Cisco? And does the social mean there will be lots of parties?

Anyway, we started in the caviar bar with pink champagne so that was Debra happy for the rest of the day, but things were going to get better, moguls had another friend, my nephew the latest version of the ACE Director Vest. We don't always get on but this is a very long journey and it is good to have someone to talk to.

Then we discovered our flight was an A380 and my it is fantastic. The service is excellent, the. Space in economy is like business on other tired airlines and I should know I have flown most. I really like the cabin crew - more friends for me.













It was a very long flight and I watched a few movies - luckily Debra and Mogens selected films with subtitles are there were not enough headphones to go round, although I really think they work better when you have ears. Debra watched 'the girl with the dragon tattoo' which was in Swedish, Simone and Mogens could understand that a bit but were not too interested. I think there is rivalry between the Danes and the Swedes. Mogens' film choice was really gory and Debra couldn't watch, Apocalypto but I enjoyed it.

I think they are all asleep now so I am taking the opportunity to catch up.

P.S. guess which luggage belt we were?

No comments:

Post a Comment