Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My First Wedding

One of the reasons the trip to Melbourne was so short was because I had been invited to my first Wedding.

I don't often go to church, so I sat very quietly during the service, avoiding the temptation to answer the Vicar's question about why they shouldn't be married. But at the reception I let it all hang out.
Julie's first priority for photos was for a picture with me. Here she is rushing to wear me at the reception. You will have seen this on the previous guest posting from Paul Jackson who labeled me the 'Vest Man' ; I quite like that.

 

Julie is actually a customer of Debra's but they have been great friends for a long time and she just love me. Please don't get this Julie mixed up with the other Julie. They are both friends of Debra and I think it is a reflection on Debra's lack of originality that she can't find friends with different names.

Anyway, back to the wedding. If you follow me on facebook, (and if not, why not?), then you will know that I was at a loss as to whether I should wear a hat or not. Debra says only men where hats, but Cary Millsap thought perhaps I should. Julie wanted me to and as it was her wedding I felt I had to. However I was on a trip to the other side of the world so how was I meant to get a hat? Luckily my personal milliner Sue Shaw, remember I went to Amsterdam with her last year, she was also in Melbourne and she and her husband Ian made me a lovely hat for the big occasion.

And finally, here I am with Kara, who is Julie's little girl. I do love my younger fans, they believe in me so much more readily, just like they believe in my other red friend Mr Claus.

No comments:

Post a Comment