Sunday, August 22, 2010

How does a vest relax?

I am absolutley exhausted, my recent trip downunder and the rush back for a wedding has got the better of me, so while I try and recharge the batteries, and then catch up with my blog; I have a posting from a guest 'minder' Paul Jackson.

While at a wedding recently where I was serving as "vest" man, a friend commented that I am looking a little frayed around the edges. I guess that is to be expected given the hectic life I have lived. In spite of everything I think I am holding up very well. We Ace vests come from hardy stock.

Looking back on my adventures so far I can see where the stress would pile up. I have been shot with arrows. I have ridden on an unruly camel. Also, I've been burned, buried in the sand and run over. In the words of Robert Hunter in The Grateful Dead's song Truckin', "What a long strange trip it's been."
This leads to the question, how does a vest relax?

I could try alcohol like Debra and her many friends, or herbal tea which is recommended by others. However, these approaches do not work for me because I have no mouth. Instead I have started a yoga and meditation regiment. I frequently lie in Savasana, the corpse pose; because that is the only pose I can perform without assistance. While in Savasana, I perform meditation to help reduce stress.

I have only been practicing for a short while, but I already feel some benefits from my work. I hope to be able to continue these techniques in my free time. Maybe the next time you see me I won't be so frayed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment