Sunday, June 21, 2009

Community Service

I am not sure about America, but in the UK Community Service is what you are sentenced to as an alternative to prison time, so when Dan told me that after just 3 hours sleep in Monterey we were on Community Service I was quite concerned. What had I done? Dan I could understand, Debra had mentioned many punishments she had in store for Dan for forgetting to take me to Iceland (have I told you about that?), but as far as I knew I was innocent.
It turns out Community service is what ODTUG does every year before its conference, a day where delegates come together and do their bit whilst having the best time. We met up at 8am and I got to see Debra again, she was so happy. (Don't tell anyone but she is a lonely old girl and having me around is the only friend she has, so if you see us out together, just humour her).

Then off on the buses to the sand dunes, to pull out weeds. You are probably thinking how can an 'armless guy like me e of any use? Well I can, I can carry many weeds as you can see. In the final picture is one of the Directors of the Big Sur Land Trust who we were helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment