Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hanging Around in Monterey Part I

Once everyone, or almost everyone had left ODTUG I stayed on for a few days to enjoy the sunshine. The first visit was with some Aussie ACE Directors, Chris Muir - 2009 Oracle ACE of the Year, Richard Foote and Marcel Kratochvil (of Foreign Key Fame)on a whale watching boat. We did see humped back whales, but the most memorable thing will be the marine biologist with the worst high pitched laugh ever!

I also discovered that Hump Backed Whales smell disgusting but I can't pass comment on that as I have my own personal hygiene issues.


Then the next day I went for a ride on the Monterey Trolley Bus and the tradition of hanging me was repeated. I don't find I now it is done out of love but not every other passenger understood. The ride was quite enjoyable up from Fisherman's Wharf down to the Aquarium (where I visited last week)in Cannery Row and then back again.




Back at the wharf Debra decided to take her third boat trip of the week, the dive boat, the whale boat and now a glass bottomed boat. It was good I got to see some of the seals, sea lions and sea otters close up, but I think I like the Pelicans best.


There is nothing better than the open sea as long as you haven't eaten, I am proud to say I have never been sea sick, although I have been witnessed others, from both sea sickness and simple drunkenness. But after my near disaster in the swimming pool I will not pass comment.




On return to the wharf I looked out over the marina and thought 'Life does not get better than this. I am a very happy Vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment