Monday, June 22, 2009

From Hated to Iconic

The reason I have been an item of ridicule is well documented in this blog, when first given out most recipients of the Red Vests threw us in the cupboard and we expected never to see light again.

But I am the 'Susan Boyle' of the ACE Program, when I came out on stage no one expected me to be able to sing (and I can't but this is just an analagy), but I have suceeded, and again like Susan I can count the president amongst my many fans.



So when Debra suggested a sibling reunion, some people thought it was just a joke and never brought theirs with them, some searched high and low but cannot find them and others gleefully brushed of the cobwebs and brought their Vests to Monterey.

Whilst the official reunion is not till Tuesday - why waste an opportunity? seems to be the motto and last night there were 6 vests on display. Thanks to Eddie Awad for the video (and choreography).



I am now really famous worldwide but actually the little girl wearing me so nicely is the most famous person in Monterey this weekend, and I must apologise for the slightly blurred edge to the picture, but Debra had been drinking a lot by this time and it looked OK to her when she took the photo.

So what have we learnt - don't judge people by their appearance, and someone in OTN knew what they were doing afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment