Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stanley Owes His Life to Debra



ODTUG was over and it was finally time to relax, Mike Riley had the President's house with its own pool, so it was time to have a few beers and just chill out with a few people who had yet to go home.





The weather was excellent, it had been a little chilly in the mornings during the conference but it was amazing that afternoon and with a little help from the beer I simply had to have a little nap in the sun.



But I was silly, beer and sun don't mix and very soon I had slid into the pool, and in my drunken daze I could not swim, I was going to drown, me the Great Stanley was going to be yet another casualty to bad living.


But I had nothing to fear, Debra rushed into the pool, caught the life ring from David Peake (Product Manager APEX) and used all her lifesaving skills to rescue me. I didn't even know Debra could swim but it turns out her daughter is a lifeguard and all those hours spent at the pool paid off.

Thankyou Debra and sorry about the glasses, I feel so sorry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment