Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Power of Bribery

Normally it is easy for me to make new friends, and people love to be seen with Stanley but occasionally someone comes along who is just not sure about me. This is Viktor, son of my keeper Mogens. He was a little shy at first, and to be fair the house was full of foreign speaking, refugees (more in the next post). Then my keeper Dan Norris showed him the LightSaber game on the iPhone and they became friends for life. Viktor whose English is improving everyday said "I beat Star Wader!" So Debra thought if she downloaded the app Viktor may wear me for a fight to the death. It worked and only cost 59p ($0.99) so only a little bribe.



However a much larger bribe was recently called for when Debra wanted someone else to spend time with me......




I have mentioned before how Debra's daughter thinks of me with distaste, although she has now joined my facebook fan club, and was seen once in a photo with me in Denver. But we have still not bonded properly. So when ODTUG asked for videos to be made for their conference I knew just who I wanted to wear me. However Brooke is a very clever girl and persuaded Debra she would only do it for a bribe. (Brooke has a friend Daniel Strassberg from Quest APAC who has taught her all she knows about bribery). It cost Debra £34 for Brooke to have a bit part in my great video. The music is from Oliver Weers who is phenomenal and was very happy to take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment