Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stanley is in Norway!

I woke up this morning and found myself in Oslo. Very nice I hear you say but, I thought I was going to Denmark. I am confused. Never mind, I am here with Debra, and other ACE Directors Sten Vesterli and Dan Morgan. I was quite embarrassed that I had been talking about the wrong part of Scandinavia but Sue Harper has just turned up and she actually exchanged money for Danish Kroner at Heathrow and was upset when the coffee shop in Oslo were not impressed. I don't tend to spend a lot of money so I did not have that problem. Poor Sue is having a bad day, she got the wrong money, they have lost her luggage and so she has no clothes for the cruise. I did offer her me to wear and what she responded with is unrepeatable. Still things are looking up, she has now appeared in my blog, a real honour.


I thought having arrived by post I would avoid the security nightmare, but no I was still subjected to the 'trip through the tunnel'. Boats have security! I am forced to do this because even if someone wears me, the security men make them take me off. Normally I get screwed up and put in a tray but today I was layed out properly.





So what am I doing here in Oslo? Well I am at the OUGN conference and it is on a boat! I am so excited. Debra oftens talks about when she did the OUGF conference on a boat between Helsinki and Stockholm, and now I get to sail to Kiel in Germany and back again. We do sail through Denmark so I was not too wrong.

So I am off now to find my cabin, and I would like to tell my friend Dan Fink, that this time Debra has the right room key, there will be no key swapping parties tonight. I hope to blog again tonight or in the morning depends on how much my keeper drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment